Exciting new additions to my shave den
I’ve been looking at lathering bowls being hsed in YouTube videos for too long. Although I face lather, there are times I have wished for a bowl to lather in. One, they look very cool with their amazing artisan appeal. Second, they add awesomeness to Shave Of The Day #SOTD pictures on social networks.
After doing my research on wet shaving forums and YouTube videos, I went after the most preferred and loved brands.
Captain’s choice lather bowl in sandstone finish, Fine accoutrements lathering bowl in red / cream, Georgetown Pottery G12 shave scuttle and the much talked about innovative travel scuttle by Phoenix Artist Accoutrements made up of the “steel of plastics”, making it literally indestructible, not only from normal falls and bumps, but as demonstrated by several YouTube videos, this shave scuttle will survive most severe & intentional abuse it is subjected to – save one video where it was tossed in the air and punctured with a high bore shot gun shell !
While on the Phoenix Artist Accoutrements website, I also ordered other hardware and software which have received a lot of love and praise from the wetshaving community on the internet. Douglas Smythe, owner of PAA, has been known to bring many vintage hardware and scents back to life, and in style !
I have his original “How To Grow A Moustache” (HTGAM) symmetry open comb razor and his much loved and hated razors PAA Doc in satin finish and PAA prismatic in nickel finish, satin finish travel handle. More about them in a subsequent review blog.
The first batch of goodies which landed on the shores of Mumbai from my “Ship Out Of USA” (SOFU) virtual mailbox in the USA contains the items in the image below and I am very excited to try them out.
- PAA bakelite open comb slant
- Razorock SLAB razor (Shave Like A Boss)
- Ikon razors newer version of their popular single edge razor – the MR-SE with their popular bulldog stainless steel handle in matte finish, takes Feather artist professional format blades.
- Occam’s single edge razor which also take the Feather artist professional format blades
- PAA “The Atomic Rocket” synthetic shave brush.
- Razorock chrome synthetic shave brush
- Razorock boar bristle brush in ash wood handle
- Whipped Dog (Larry Andreassen) – my good friend’s 24mm high mountain badger knot in a marble design Luna resin handle.
- PAA travel scuttle
- Captain’s Choice regular size sandstone finish shave bowl
- Fine accoutrements lather bowl in red and cream
- PAA CAD. I’ve been eyeing this soap for a long time especially for its kokum butter ingredient !
- Derby shave stick from Turkey.
Other shave accoutrements
- Personna Red blade tucks (Israel)
- Derby blades
- Whipped Dog poor man’s strop kit for mantaining a straight razor edge.